- The students will go to the library and
computer lab and begin doing their research on their volcano/volcanic
region. The students will have two weeks to do their
research. Some of their research will need to be done at home.
- During this first week, the language arts
teachers will teach the students how to site their work and discuss
what plagiarism is and how to write a bibliography.
- At the end of the second week, the language
arts teachers will begin the writing portion of their research paper.
- The last two weeks will be used to write
their papers and gather any further information for the research paper.
- The students will make their volcano
posters. The students will also have to work on their posters at
- The students will design their storyboard
for their documentary using either powerpoint or hyperstudio.
- The students will go to the computer lab
and begin applying their storyboard design.
- The first two weeks the students will
continue to work on their documentary and by the end of the second
- The second week, the students will turn in
their final copy of their research paper to language arts teacher to be
graded and when they are finished grading the papers, they will be
to me for their science research paper grade.
- Week three, the students will turn in their
posters and begin their documentary presentation using