The second Assignment is going to introduce you to five ways that you can change an object in Morphink.
You will be creating a two or three scene animation that displays how an object can change shape, location, rotation, size, and color.
We will be loading a background as a .bmp, .gif or .jpg
Open any program with a text tool.
Create a text file with the words, "shape, location, rotation, size, color" Save this file as a .bmp, .gif or .jpg. (See my example for a background reference)
Open Morphink 2.0
Maximize the window to fill your screen.
To import this file into Morphink go to File / Load Background, and then simply locate your background image. You can use the Drag/Rotate tool (shaped like an open hand) to place the background image on the stage.
If you do not want to load a background, you can use Morphink's draw tool to hand write the words mentioned above.
Select both the "Draw" tool and the "Regular Forms " tool. The regular forms tool will snap your drawing to a circle, square or circle. (whichever your drawing resembles most)
Draw a square. Fill it with a color of your choice. To fill, choose the Fill tool, then choose a color, then click on the square after it becomes actively selected. (You will notice the outline changes to a broken or dashed line when an object is active)
Click the Select Group tool (it looks like a crosshairs)
select the square you drew by clicking on it, Edit / Copy Stroke
Then deselect by clicking the square with the Select Group tool.
Now use Edit / Paste Stroke to make four more copies. You can use the Drag/Rotate tool to position the squares next to your text from the background file.
Now we will create a new scene. (Click the Insert Scene button once)
In scene two:
1. Redraw the first square as a circle. (Click redraw, click the first square, draw a new shape like a circle right on top of the square) hint: try to draw the shape in the same direction - the dashed outline will move in the direction you drew the first object.
2. Drag the second square to a new location with the Drag/Rotate tool. (Be careful not to rotate it by mistake)
3. Use the Drag/Rotate tool to slightly rotate the third square. (You must place this tool on the "point of origin" - which looks like a small circle, to rotate the object)
4. Select the fourth square and then click the Zoom In or Zoom Out Tool to change the size, you can click several times until you are happy with the size. (Be sure he object is selected or the whole scene will change size)
5. Select the fifth square, choose fill, choose a color, and them click on the square to change the color in scene two.
Before you play the animation, make some predictions. If you pause the animation in-between these two scenes, what will the five squares look like? Now play the animation. Where you right?
This is just the starting point for the second assignment. Feel free to experiment. (examples: Can you try to change the shape, location, rotation, size, and color at the same time OR can you add more scenes and continue to change these objects)
When you are finished, please upload the compact version of your animation.
Remember to use the online Morphink User Guide for reference: